Pro Materia, Lise Coirier, manager / art director,
A New Layer II : Crafting Identities / Design Stories from Taiwan*
rue Franz Merjay, 142, B-1050 Brussels / 7 rue Roy, F-75008 Paris
M. +32 (0)475 53 19 88 / T. +32 (0)2 768 25 10
Asia and other regions
PRESS MATERIAL & IMAGES
- Download the press release here
- Download here the appendices I & II with a more detailed outlook on the 6 ongoing projects and prototypes as well as the art director and designers’s biographies
The Image bank regarding the 6 projects you discover within the Gallery includes photographs of situational context and design process photographs. Photographs are on request.
Please send an email.
You can access to the product packshots of 3 prototypes over 6 designs which are already available here
- The Indigo-Dyed Bamboo Chair by Jin Kuramoto (Japan) and Jian Cheng Lin and Wen-Chun Tang (Taiwan), which combines both the handmade bamboo bending process with the natural indigo-dying technique normally applied to textiles.
- The Cong Collection by Julie Richoz (Switzerland/France) and Chin-Mei Huang (Taiwan), lacquerware inspired by a Cong vase at held in the collection of the National Palace Museum.
- The Bridge Bamboo Bench by Sebastian Herkner (Germany) and Ming-An Wu (Taiwan), a technique-testing project inspired by the colorful steel bridges dotted across Taiwan.
Photographer: Liu, Jun-You /courtesy of NTRCI & Taiwan Designers Web
Check below A New Layer Taiwan’s backstage photographs by Maciej Korbas …
A New Layer Taiwan’s backstage photographs by Maciej Korbas …
*About the art director:
Lise Coirier (France – Belgium)
Founder, publisher and editor-in-chief of TLmag (°2009), Lise Coirier is running her Creative Design Consultancy Pro Materia since 1999 between Brussels and Paris, which actively promotes contemporary art and design. With Masters in Management & Finance and History of Art, she is also the driving force behind many specialist projects in her field of expertise, acts as art director for private and institutional clients and is often speaker at conference while curating new concepts and exhibitions. She has opened since April 2016 Spazio Nobile Gallery in Brussels with her partner Gian Giuseppe Simeone that is specialized in contemporary applied arts, design and photography and organizes four to five exhibitions per year. She also participates to fairs like Art Elysées/FIAC (Paris, FR), Collect (London, UK), Collectible (Brussels, BE)…