Formosa Collection at Révélations Biennial, 23-26 May 2019
Spazio Nobile / Pro Materia and the Taiwanese Cultural Center in Paris invite you to Révélations, International Fine Craft & Creation Biennal /Biennale internationale des Métiers d’art et création from 23 until 26 May 2019 at Grand Palais in Paris, France.
Design Curio A New Layer Taiwan at Design Miami/Basel, 12-17 June 2018
We are very pleased to announce our official presence within the Design Curio program organized by Design Miami from 12-17 June in Basel, Switzerland.
Led by the National Taiwan Craft Research and Development Institute (NTCRI), A New Layer Taiwan fosters partnerships between Taiwanese and international designers and craftspeople. The NTCRI invited Belgium-based curator Lise Coirier of Spazio Nobile as art director and designers from France, Germany, Israel, Japan, the Netherlands, South Korea, Sweden, and Switzerland to Taiwan to work with some of the most talented local craftspeople on the island.
These designers have created six projects with local Taiwanese craftsmen that are exhibited for the first time at Design Miami/ Basel: New Koji by Anton Alvarez, Zhong-Zheng Chen, and Chi-Li Hsiao, which revisits the classical forms presented in the traditional Koji pottery;Bamboo Chair by Jin Kuramoto, Jian Cheng Lin, which combines both the handmade bamboo bending process with the natural indigo dying technique normally applied to textiles; Cong Collection by Julie Richoz and Chin-Mei Huang, lacquerware inspired by a Cong vase in the collection of the National Palace Museum; Bridge Bamboo Bench by Sebastian Herkner and Ming-An Wu, a technique-testing project inspired by the colorful steel bridges dotted across Taiwan; Clay Table by Wonmin Park and Wen-Yi Kung, and Chin-Mei Huang, a new translation of Park’s Plain Cuts Collection in glazed ceramic; and Fruit Tower by BCXSY (Boaz Cohen and Sayaka Yamamoto) and Jian-Fu Zhong, and Wen-Yi, Kung, inspired by numerous artifacts on view at the National Palace Museum and the designers’ real-life observations.
Spazio Nobile opened in 2016 in the dynamic and cosmopolitan Ixelles neighborhood of Brussels, led by Coirier and Gian Giuseppe Simeone, who have united their passions for design and art history, initiating a dialogue between contemporary applied arts, design, and photography. Commissioning unique pieces, limited editions, and installations, with a particular sensibility to the natural world, the gallery curates exhibitions dedicated to both rising and established talents.
For more information about ANLT @Design Curio press here
Browse the Catalogue here
The seven project will be presented :
– The New Koji (Pottery) Collection by Anton Alvarez (Sweden), Zhong-Zheng Chen and Chi-Li Hsiao (Taiwan), which revisits the classical forms presented in the traditional Koji pottery.
– The Bamboo Chair by Jin Kuramoto (Japan) and Jian Cheng Lin, which combines both the handmade bamboo bending process with the natural indigo-dying technique normally applied to textiles.
– The Cong Collection by Julie Richoz (Switzerland/France) and Chin-Mei Huang (Taiwan), lacquerware inspired by a Cong vase at held in the collection of the National Palace Museum.
– The Bridge Bamboo Bench by Sebastian Herkner (Germany) and Ming-An Wu(Taiwan), a technique-testing project inspired by the colorful steel bridges dotted across Taiwan.
– The Clay Table by Wonmin Park (Korea) and Wen-Yi Kung (Taiwan) and Chin-Mei Huang (Taiwan).
– The Fruit Tower by BCXSY– Boaz Cohen & Sayaka Yamamoto(Israel/Netherlands – Japan) and Jian-Fu Zhong (Taiwan) and Wen-Yi, Kung (Taiwan).
– The Neolithic Collection by Jin Kuramoto(Japan) & Zhong Jian-Fu + Clay+art & craft co. (Taiwan)
Photo By Yen-An Chen
For more updates :